Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Custom French Memo Board

I found a use for the extra thin MDF and piece of fabric laying around. I made a french memo board. It provides a decorative accent and a perfect spot to place photos, memorabilia and coupons.

I first made a paper template, then transfer the shape to back of the MDF. Cut the MDF to shape using a jigsaw. Using a spray adhesive, I glued a thin piece of foam to front side of MDF, then covered it with fabric (left over from the back seat covers I previously made). Tack the fabric to back of MDF using staple gun. Added the ribbons and buttons...secured it on the wall using plastic hook n loop fastener..and voila.

Click on photo's to enlarge.





Back of memo board




No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately due to high levels of spam, all comments are now moderated before they are posted. Thank you.